Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year

Hello and happy new year to one and all. I hope everyone had a great break - I know I did, although it was interspersed with work (no bad thing). I really would have preferred last years snow and freezing temperatures to this years mild, wet and windy conditions mind. Ah well...

Shown here is a logo I designed for Acceleris in Harrogate for the Leeds Community Stars Awards 2012 campaign.

Residents across Leeds are being encouraged to nominate individuals and successful community projects for the Leeds Community Stars Awards 2012. The awards run by Aire Valley, West North West and East North East Homes along with Belle Isle Tenant Management Organisation, will acknowledge achievements in categories including Resident of the Year, Best Community Initiative and Most Innovative Project.

I'm really pleased with the end result - it's fairly simple, yet punchy but has a tone that is friendly yet striking. I deliberately reduced the intensity of the black typography to a strong grey, as it makes the font less dense and dead looking. A little bit of bevelling on the star lifts it from the background too and adds an extra dimension to the overall logo.

Here's to a prosperous 2012, with plenty of cheer (and graphic design work) ahead. All the best to everyone.

(Oh, as far as music goes, I'm loving The Leisure Society's 'Into the Murky Water' album. Lovely stuff, I'd recommend it...)

Please click on the link below to see further examples of my work.

Visit www.howabout.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment