Tuesday 30 August 2011

"The best brochure I have ever had designed."


















What a successful and enjoyable graphic design project I have just completed for YorkTest Laboratories in York. I was asked to design a guidebook (page samples above) and diary (page samples below) for their DrinkScan programme, which helps to establish whether customers are intolerant to various ingredients in drinks. Obviously they needed to have the same theme running throughout to make it clear they were sister publications and as the subject matter was drinks, I decided to use a nice, clinical image of clear water as an striking cover (which also reflected the tone of the DrinkScan logo nicely).

The turnaround on the job was very fast - just under a week from the initial brief being taken to print ready artwork being delivered for printing. Not bad for one 16 page A5 document, and one 28 page A5 document. But even better was the feedback from Laura Seaton, Senior Project Manager at YorkTest Laboratories...

"I have been working in marketing for 13 years and it is the best looking brochure I have ever had designed."

Praise indeed!

















The graphic design process was helped by virtually faultless copy being supplied by the client, and we selected a nice array of images to work with (although we padded them out with some additional ones from my archives that I thought would work well). I think it's a great example of the quality of design work that can be produced by Howabout Creative Solutions even when time is of the essence.

We now have a little more time to produce a DL size sales brochure to accompany the diary and guidebook, which again will follow the same theme, so the end result will be a really nice suite of publications.

I really hope to get more projects along these lines as I love doing them, and when I get feedback such as this from clients, the buzz is amazing. Check out my website for further work - the link is below.

Visit www.howabout.co.uk




1 comment: