Monday 28 February 2011

A couple of work examples


Morning, and welcome to another grey day - ah well, it's nearly Spring...

I thought I'd do a quick blog today showcasing a couple of recent bits of graphic design work that Howabout Creative Solutions in Harrogate have done for YorkTest Laboratories in York (appropriately enough!).

On show here is a Barracuda banner which I did for their recent roadshow. Although I was supplied several potential images to use, and was given the freedom to choose any others that I thought may be appropriate, I decided that to focus on just one image, with some nice typography was possibly the way to go. To me, a good banner stand should be impactful but not overloaded with information and graphics - there is only a short window of opportunity to grab potential customers' attention and I'm confident this solution will do the trick.

In addition, on show is just the illustrative aspect of a mailer for YorkTest Laboratories I did earlier in the month. The client wanted a good graphic design solution to illustrate food intolerance testing, and more specifically, to highlight some of the symptoms associated with food intolerance. Initially, I thought it would be a struggle to encompass all the symptoms and it would water down the message somewhat, but once I hit on this design approach I knew we were onto a winner, and the client agreed. It was a fairly simple Photoshop execution, but it works well, particularly as the text can follow the contours and sinews of the torso.

For more design solutions like these, please take a look at the Howabout Creative Solutions link below.

Visit www.howabout.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment